In my last blog, I discussed the top 10 IT professions. I felt that I should continue this series and discuss the top 15 IT certifications. It only makes sense right? As you know, I am one year in as an IT business analyst. Since graduating from Capella a little over a year ago, I have been researching the top certifications within the IT profession. Before proceeding with these top certifications, I say we back up a little. Let’s talk about certifications and how they impact your career in IT.
IT certifications are helpful if you want to pursue career advancement. In other words, it looks REALLY good on your resume! Organizations invest tons of money in new employees so they want to make sure they are investing in someone that enables them to build a skilled and competent staff. Not to mention it helps you stand out in today’s competitive tech world.
Global Knowledge created a list of the top 15 IT certifications. If you are not familiar with Global Knowledge, you can find them here. Last year when I started my new job as an IT Business Analyst, I had to study one of their training manuals. Their materials are very informative and gave me profound insight into the role of a BA. They are the best at what they do so their information is reliable.
This list is very impressive! Click on the link to learn more about each certification.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services’) Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Salary range: $125,871
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)Salary range: 122,954
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)Salary range: $122,291
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Salary range: $121,923
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Salary range $116,094
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Salary range: $113,320
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching Salary range: $112,858
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Data Center Salary range: $107,045
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) Salary range: $105,008
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Salary range: $103,297
- Six Sigma Green Belt Salary range: $102,594
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V) Salary range: $102,138
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) Security Salary range: $101,414
- ITIL v3 Foundation Salary range: $99,869
- VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) Salary range: $99,334
Original source of information: https://www.globalknowledge.com/us-en/content/articles/top-paying-certifications/
Written by: Shontelle Flowers,
Capella ACM Student Chapter Treasurer
Web Development Team Member